Friday, June 23, 2006

A Little Adventure in Mayfair and Marylebone

To celebrate finishing another week of class and the fact that I did very well on my presentation, Sarah S. and I decided to venture a little northeast to the Mayfair and Marylebone area. We were specifically heading towards the Beatles Store and the Elvis Store on Baker Street and right next door to the Sherlock Holmes Museum. The Beatles Store was quite cool with authentic memorabilia, but I personally wanted to go the Elvis Store, just like any die hard Elvis fan. I bought four little buttons and then took pictures of the life size Elvis statue. It was great. Sarah S. and I also took pictures of the Sherlock Holmes Museum. It cost money to go, but we were satisfied with just taking a picture of the place. Across the street at a Sherlock Holmes memorabilia store I bought four post cards for £1. Great deal!

To continue our adventure, we walked down to Oxford Street. It was Friday and it was after work hours. In other words - it was crowded! There were tons of great stores for window shopping. The only store that we wanted to go into was the Disney Store. We had to look at the new Pirates of the Caribbean items. They're all preparing for the big premire on July 6. You'll know where I'm going to be on that day!

After the Disney Store we hopped on to the Bond Street Tube and went back to the Atlantic House for a good and free dinner and an early bed time. Tomorrow we have yet another cultural event - a trip to Stonehenge and Salisbury.

No comments: