Tuesday, July 04, 2006

British Museum

Today my class went to the British Museum. For about an hour and a half, our teacher took us to the Egyptian sculpture collection and then into part of the Greek and Roman collection. It was very interesting. I got to see the reliefs from the Partheon. For anyone from my British Lit. class, you may remember this, these used to be called the Elgin Marbles because a man by the name of Lord Elgin took them from the Parthenon and brought them to London. John Keats wrote two poems when he saw this collection.

We were dismissed earlier than I thought and I would've liked to explore a little more, but my back was hurting again and it was very cowded and hot. So, this is why I am back in the computer lab writing this post. I will go back later and see the other collections that the museum has to offer.

No comments: