Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Day Packed Full With Fun

Today was the day that we decided to experience English tea. Kandy's Tea Room, which is on Holland Street right off of High Street in Kensington, is a small little place that serves different types of tea and sandwiches. Sarah, Callie and I split a pot of Earl Gray tea and had two scones with clotted cream and jam. It was delicious. It was nice to sit and relax with several cups of tea, especially since I've been working very hard on my final assingment for my Travel Writing class.

Since I've brought the subject up, I'm currently working on the creative writing assingment that I mentioned at the very beginning of the first session. I haven't officially decided on what type of style I want my final version to be, which is causing a little bit of stress, but I know I'll come up with one soon.

Now, back to the fun stuff. After tea Sarah and I took the Tube to King's Cross to the train station. Why? Well, all Harry Potter fans should know this. This is where Platform 9 3/4 can be found. Once you are out of the Tube station head for the King's Cross station and to Platmorms 1-8. On the left there should be a sign showing you the direction to platfroms 9 and 10. Though instead of going all the way through to the adjacent building, right outside you get a full view of a stone wall and arch with the sign "Platform 9 3/4" and a luggage trolley stuck halfway into the wall. We were surprised that this was right in a public area with not many people taking notice. Of course, we took plently of pictures.

And for those who are Potter fans, since Platforms 9 and 10 actually face each other, in the movie the scenes of the Weasleys and Harry running through the wall were done between platfroms 4 and 5. Also, another note, the outside of the station of St. Pancras railway station was used for the seen where Ron and Harry flew the magic car to Hogworts.

From King's Cross, we left for Regent Street. There we went to Whittards. I'd decided that the teapot that I mentioned in a earlier post was going to come home with me. From there it was back to Atlantic.

No comments: