Saturday, July 01, 2006

An Then There Was Two

Our three Musketeers unfortunately shrunk to two today. Sarah has left for her home in New York state. She was only here for three weeks. Callie and I were telling her that she could hide in my closet and we could sneak food from the caferteria for her. Unfortunately, this didn't happen, and off she went in her transport to Heathrow airport.

Alone, Callie and I decided to go to Windsor Castle. We took the tube to Paddington station and for about £7 each we got tickets for Windsor and Eton Central. Once there, it wasn't too hard to find the castle. It was £12 for a student to enter, but it was great. The castle is huge! We got to see many of the rooms, St. George's chapel, a collection of photos of the Queen that spanned her eighty years of life. My favorite thing I saw was Queen Anne's dollhouse. This is the ultimate dollhouse in the world. I swear it was larger than a Volkswagen Bug! And it has everything down to the tiniest details such as a snail in the garden and working plumbing! It was fantastic.

For dinner, we ate at a patisserie/cafe near the Tesco. We ate a roast beef bagette with a salad and chips. It was very yummy.

We also watched the football match between Brazil and France. The restaurant was cheering Brazil on and we were silently cheering on France...and France won. Earlier today England played and lost. Through my bedroom window I could hear the yelling from the pub down the road. I would've hated to be there when England lost. It's very sad.

No comments: